You will find answers to all of your most common
Electrical Services related questions located here
Using a REC gives confidence to consumers that they are using a contractor who is competent, insured and subject to regular inspection. It is through the registration system that Safe Electric, can monitor and validate that the electrical works completed meet the required safety standards.
- If a property has not already been rewired within the last 25-30 years, the chances are it will need upgrading at least in part in order to bring it up to current standards. The wiring may be potentially dangerous and may not be able to cope with the demands of modern living.
- If you plan major remodelling work that constitutes a material alteration as defined by the Building Regulations, it is likely that you will need to rewire part, if not all, of the property, including upgrading the consumer unit (fuse box).
- Where you are extending or remodelling, the rest of the existing wiring does not have to be upgraded, except where upgrading is required by the energy efficiency requirements of the Building Regulations, i.e. central heating controls.
- ILEDs generally consume very low amounts of power. The statistics to look for when comparing the energy efficiency of different lighting solutions are called by one of two terms: luminous efficacy or useful lumens. These two items essentially describe the amount of light emitted per unit of power (watts) consumed by the bulb. In our experience most LED lighting retrofit projects result in a 60-75% improvement in the overall energy efficiency of the facility’s lighting. Depending on the existing lights and the particular LEDs installed, the savings could be more than 90%. You can read a few case studies here.
- Easily the most significant advantage of LEDs when compared to traditional lighting solutions is the long lifespan. The average LED lasts 50,000 operating hours to 100,000 operating hours or more. That is 2-4 times as long as most fluorescent, metal halide, and even sodium vapour lights. It is more than 40 times as long as the average incandescent bulb. Less frequent replacement means two big things: lower maintenance costs in terms of labor and lower costs for replacement parts (because the bulbs simply do not fail for a long time).
Employers are required to hold a valid Periodic Inspection Report in order to comply with the ‘Safety, Health and Welfare at Work’ Statutory Regulation 89(b) of SI 299 2007 as amended by SI 732 2007. A Periodic Inspection Report is valid for five years in a commercial property.
Each job is different but we have very competitive rates so rest assured that we will deliver the highest standard of work for the lowest cost with no hidden charges as you will receive a full breakdown of the full job which will be kept up to date as the project continues.
For further information on the many services we provide please do not hesitate to contact us